Tain Museum Image Library

1950

Ardmore Cottage This cottage was located near the gates into Ardmore Estate. It was later converted into part of wh...
Shandwick Stone This picture shows the Shandwick Stone, the Clach a' Charridh, in its commanding position at the top...
Tom Scott, sheep farmer Tom Scott, a sheep farmer from Sutherland, is pictured in Tain High Street.
Finlay Munro and the Lealty Stone The Lealty Stone was a "putting" stone. The Munro family lived at Lealty House (opposite Ardross Ca...
St Duthus FC Veterans Standing L to R - Willie Ross, Charlie Cooper, Murd Ross, Roddy Christie, Archie Finlay Kneeling L ...
Boats in a harbour Small boats in a large harbour. Industrial buildings and low hills visible in the background. We hav...
View looking NE from Tain This view shows, to the left middle, the cemetery around the ruined chapel of St Duthus: to the righ...
Garage Fire, Scotsburn Road This dramatic picture shows Neil D Forbes' garage going up in flames c1950, perhaps earlier. Given ...
Canasta Party This picture, possibly taken in the 1950s shows four well known Tain businessmen enjoying a relaxing...
Seaside Rovers, Balintore This picture was provided by Kate. Names have been provided by Jo Mackenzie. She suggests this pictu...
Six swimmers at Balintore Six swimmers standing beside fishing nets at Balintore. It is thought the photograph was taken c.195...
Carnival Queen and Attendants at Balintore Carnival Queen and Attendants l-r: June Patience (now Skinner), Janette Wood (now Paterson), Dina...

Latest Pics

Rhamore farmhouse, EddertonTorpedo BottleCabin-trunk New PictureJessie (nee) Mackenzie EddertonNew PictureNew PictureNew PictureNew PictureBalintore Harbour