Tain Museum Image Library

Elsie



Bringing home firewood, Inver With the horse and cart are Alex and Bella (nee Ross) Fraser, of 11 Main Street, Inver. Alex was bo...
Cromarty (Nigg) Ferry This picture copied from a post card was given to the museum in 1985 with an accompanying note which...
D Thomson & Co, Tain This group of staff outside D Thomson & Co's workshop (in Scotsburn Road?) includes W Fraser and And...
Sutherland Crofters This picture of a group of Sutherland crofters was taken at the foot of a croft known as Leslie's cr...
Tain Public School A junior class in Tain Public School (now Knockbreck Primary) some time in the 1920's. Back row: ?...
Tarlogie House Tarlogie House was one of a number of large houses in or near Tain.
Troops leaving from Tain Station This post card showing troops being given a send off by relatives, friends and other well-wishers as...
United Free Church (now Parish Church) This Church was built towards the end of the 19th century (1890-91) and was designed by a local firm...
Kincardine Church and Cemetery, Ardgay This post card image of Kincardine Church and Cemetery was produced by Fraser, Ardgay.
Manse Street, early 1900's? This view of the far end of Manse Street shows a fenced field on the leftWith St Andrews Church beyo...
Hilton Post Office We would be grateful if anyone can give us any information about this photo showing goods being deli...
Kyle of Sutherland & Dornoch Firth from the Struie This splendid post card view from the Struie was published by J B White Ltd, Dundee.
School Street, Fearn This picture gives a good idea of what life was like in the rural areas of Ross-shire at the turn of...
Scotsburn Road, Tain, pre-WWII All the buildings shown in this picture have now gone. The long low building was a garage owned by ...

Latest Pics

Rhamore farmhouse, EddertonTorpedo BottleCabin-trunk New PictureJessie (nee) Mackenzie EddertonNew PictureNew PictureNew PictureNew PictureBalintore Harbour