Tain Museum Image Library

Tain & District Museum

Whales at Bonar Bridge This post card shows a stranding of a school of whales off Bonar bridge in October, 1927. The bridg...
Gold Mining, Kildonan, Sutherland These three gold miners are standing against the backdrop of the gold mining village used during the...
St Mary's Well St Mary's Well was a fresh water spring lying between the high and low watermarks on the Blarliath s...
Edderton House Edderton House, overlooked the Dornoch Firth but was demolished in the 1950's. It was part of quite...
Anderson's Saw Mill, South Bonar In this interior view of Anderson's saw mill, Andrew Anderson is the gentleman, back left, with the ...
Gruinards Lodge, Strath Carron This picture shows the large workforce used to build Gruinyards Lodge. It is a Maitland designed bu...
Shandwick Stone This picture shows the Shandwick Stone, the Clach a' Charridh, in its commanding position at the top...
Missionary Lighthouse Group This group of 41 people are dressed in fancy costumes for a biblical play. The Missionary Lighthouse...
Opening of golf clubhouse, Tain, 1911 This clubhouse was constructed after the golf course was extended to the Tain side of the Plaids Roa...
Rory Toe This postcard was posted from Inverness on Oct. 3rd, 1912, to a Miss Lily Mackenzie, Dudley Castle, ...
Tain Scottish Dance Band Tain Scottish Dance Band with the cup they won at the Top Town Competition in Inverness in 1966. L ...
United Free Church (now Parish Church) This Church was built towards the end of the 19th century (1890-91) and was designed by a local firm...

Latest Pics

Rhamore farmhouse, EddertonTorpedo BottleCabin-trunk New PictureJessie (nee) Mackenzie EddertonNew PictureNew PictureNew PictureNew PictureBalintore Harbour