Tain Museum Image Library

Tain & District Museum

Sutherland Crofters This picture of a group of Sutherland crofters was taken at the foot of a croft known as Leslie's cr...
Ardmore Cottage This cottage was located near the gates into Ardmore Estate. It was later converted into part of wh...
Old Bonar Bridge This bridge was built in 1811/12 to the plan of Telford. It provided the first road link between Ro...
School Street, Fearn This picture gives a good idea of what life was like in the rural areas of Ross-shire at the turn of...
Four Freemen of Tain This picture was taken after the inauguration ceremony of George Ferguson as Provost. From L to R a...
Message boy on baker's delivery tricycle The boy on the tricycle is Lachie Gallie who was a message boy for Alexander's bakery located in Gla...
RAF VE Day Parade This photo shows the RAF contingent during the VE Day Parade along the High Street in May, 1945. Pr...
Bringing home firewood, Inver With the horse and cart are Alex and Bella (nee Ross) Fraser, of 11 Main Street, Inver. Alex was bo...
Troops leaving from Tain Station This post card showing troops being given a send off by relatives, friends and other well-wishers as...
Unveiling of Nigg War Memorial This post card shows the unveiling of Nigg War Memorial by Sir Robert W Brodie, DSO,MC (in uniform)....
New Street, Inver? An intriguing row of thatched cottages. Further information including confirmation of its location ...
Lovat Scouts Camp, Tain, WWI This post card by Ross, (Booksellers) Tain illustrates the extra responsibilities the Lovat Scouts h...

Latest Pics

Rhamore farmhouse, EddertonTorpedo BottleCabin-trunk New PictureJessie (nee) Mackenzie EddertonNew PictureNew PictureNew PictureNew PictureBalintore Harbour