Tain Museum Image Library

Transport and Communications

The old toll house This is the toll house on the A9 just to the south of Tain. It was built in the early 19th century a...
Message boy on baker's delivery tricycle The boy on the tricycle is Lachie Gallie who was a message boy for Alexander's bakery located in Gla...
Bringing home firewood, Inver With the horse and cart are Alex and Bella (nee Ross) Fraser, of 11 Main Street, Inver. Alex was bo...
Seaplane on Tain river This was the first waterplane seen in the Tain area. It was a 2 seater reconnaissance seaplane no. ...
St Duthus Cycle and Motor Works The St Duthus Cycle and Motor Works was situated in Sutherland Street and was owned by Dan Mackay (f...
Lands End to John O`Groats The date of this potograph is not known, but the vehicle is a 1899 Wolseley. The car, with driver a...
Seaplane on Tain River This picture shows a Sea Plane of the Royal Naval Air Service taking off from the estuary of Tain Ri...
Early motor cycle combination This photo taken looking up King Street is of the first motor cycle combination to appear in Tain. ...
Unloading peat for Glenmorangie Distillery As Tain had no natural harbour, any goods brought by sea had to be dealt with in the manner shown. ...
Meikle Ferry Station Meikle Ferry Station building as seen from the front (ie facing away from the railway line). The na...
Meikle Ferry Station This shows a view of the station building and part of the platform and railway line. See also Pictu...
Edderton Station This Post Card of Edderton Station is postmarked Aug 1964 (or perhaps 1954 as it is not very clear)....

Latest Pics

Rhamore farmhouse, EddertonTorpedo BottleCabin-trunk New PictureJessie (nee) Mackenzie EddertonNew PictureNew PictureNew PictureNew PictureBalintore Harbour