Tain Museum Image Library

Places

Town cottage Relatively recent photo of a cottage with an Easter Ross look. But where is it?
Decorated entrance gate The gateway to a tree-lined drive, the arch over the gate bearing a sign saying "God Save The King",...
Boats in a harbour Small boats in a large harbour. Industrial buildings and low hills visible in the background. We hav...
Kinlochewe Lodge This was sent as a postcard to Mrs Manson, then resident at the lodge, by Mrs & Mrs Hickman, Wolverh...
Scotsburn Lodge c 1907 An early photo of Scotsburn lodge in Scotsburn Road. The gentleman standing at the doorway is John ...
Benny Bremner, Nigg Pat Swanson thinks this ph0to showing Benny Bremner sprinkling slipperine on the floor in preparatio...
Big Boys' Hole, Tain This post card picture by C W Ross. Tain, is one of several showing youngsters bathing/swimming at a...
"Terrier Camp" on the Links, Tain This view from the shore shows a Territorial Army (affectionately known as the "Terriers") Camp stre...
Old Mill, Spinningdale Spinningdale cotton mill, situated on the North shore of the Dornoch Firth was built in 1792 by Geor...
Tain Silver Band, 1946 Tain Silver Band "disinterred for an hour" to take part in a Tain Carnival c1946. It is being enthu...
Goods yard, Tain Station We have no actual date for this line-up of four horsemen with their cart load of logs. It could pos...
The Ark This historic building was situated between the bottom of Hill Street and Well Street. It was reput...

Latest Pics

Rhamore farmhouse, EddertonTorpedo BottleCabin-trunk New PictureJessie (nee) Mackenzie EddertonNew PictureNew PictureNew PictureNew PictureBalintore Harbour