Tain Museum Image Library

Places

Farming scene, Easter Ross We have no details about this interesting scene of haystacks and horseteams. Can anyone provide any...
Cromarty (Nigg) Ferry This picture copied from a post card was given to the museum in 1985 with an accompanying note which...
Staff at Scotsburn House This picture of the staff of Scotsburn House taken around 1900 gives an idea of the number of people...
Edderton House This picture of Edderton House was taken around the time of the sale of Edderton Estate in 1895. Se...
Culnaha Smithy, Nigg This picture of the Smithy at Culnaha was taken sometime during WWI. The blacksmith (holding the ho...
John Fraser, Coachbuilders The sign above the doorway of these premises at the corner of Geanies and Stafford Street says Sadd...
Tain High Street A busy scene in Tain high Street, early 20th century(?)
Lily Cottage The photograph shows Mr & Mrs Murray outside Lily Cottage in Manse Street. The cottage still stands...
Aldie Mills The photograph shows an interior view of Aldie Mills in October 1963. The sacks are full of grain. ...
Drilling for water, Brucefield This picture shows a large wooden derrick erected to tap underground water at Brucefield farm, near ...
Strawberry pickers This is a group of strawberry pickers, around 1899-1900, in a field which used to be opposite the r...
The Golf Links and Clubhouse, Nigg This a copy of a post card shows Castlecraig Golf Course and clubhouse c1910. The Nigg Ferry Hotel ...

Latest Pics

Rhamore farmhouse, EddertonTorpedo BottleCabin-trunk New PictureJessie (nee) Mackenzie EddertonNew PictureNew PictureNew PictureNew PictureBalintore Harbour