Tain Museum Image Library

Places

Old Bonar Bridge This bridge was built in 1811/12 to the plan of Telford. It provided the first road link between Ro...
School Street, Fearn This picture gives a good idea of what life was like in the rural areas of Ross-shire at the turn of...
Bringing home firewood, Inver With the horse and cart are Alex and Bella (nee Ross) Fraser, of 11 Main Street, Inver. Alex was bo...
Troops leaving from Tain Station This post card showing troops being given a send off by relatives, friends and other well-wishers as...
Unveiling of Nigg War Memorial This post card shows the unveiling of Nigg War Memorial by Sir Robert W Brodie, DSO,MC (in uniform)....
New Street, Inver? An intriguing row of thatched cottages. Further information including confirmation of its location ...
Whales at Bonar Bridge This post card shows a stranding of a school of whales off Bonar bridge in October, 1927. The bridg...
Gold Mining, Kildonan, Sutherland These three gold miners are standing against the backdrop of the gold mining village used during the...
St Mary's Well St Mary's Well was a fresh water spring lying between the high and low watermarks on the Blarliath s...
Edderton House Edderton House, overlooked the Dornoch Firth but was demolished in the 1950's. It was part of quite...
Gruinards Lodge, Strath Carron This picture shows the large workforce used to build Gruinyards Lodge. It is a Maitland designed bu...
Shandwick Stone This picture shows the Shandwick Stone, the Clach a' Charridh, in its commanding position at the top...

Latest Pics

Rhamore farmhouse, EddertonTorpedo BottleCabin-trunk New PictureJessie (nee) Mackenzie EddertonNew PictureNew PictureNew PictureNew PictureBalintore Harbour