Tain Museum Image Library

Places

Old Bonar Bridge 2 This is the structure that was built to replace the original bridge swept away by a flood in 1892. ...
Tarlogie House, early 19th Century This photo shows Tarlogie House probably when it belonged to Hugh Rose of Glastullich (later known ...
Culpleasant House, still standing This Jerome Ltd post card shows Culpleasant house when it was still a substantial building. The bri...
Water colour from Tain by C Johnsone The above watercolur was probably painted sometime during the 1920-30s, possibly by a pupil or teach...
Staff in front of Balnagown Castle This photo of Balnagown staff was taken in 1890 with part of the castle as a backdrop. it shows 3 f...
Lealty House Lealty House was opposite Ardross Castle and was occupied by the Munro family till 1848, when they a...
Highland Washing, Alness This hand tinted Post Card image chooses to illustrate the practice in earlier times of women in the...
The Old Market Place, Tain It is not clear whether some kind of market is being held or a public meeting of some kind but the p...
The Walter Scott Stone, Morangie, Tain This large granite boulder lies near Glenmorangie Distillery on the left hand side of the A9 road go...
Geordie's Grave In the Aldie Burn forest area a few hundred yards north of the ruins of Culpleasant and off the trac...
Garage Fire, Scotsburn Road This dramatic picture shows Neil D Forbes' garage going up in flames c1950, perhaps earlier. Given ...
Easter Ross union Poorhouse (Arthurville) This picture shows the Governor and Matron (Mr & Mrs John Fraser) and two other staff outside the ce...

Latest Pics

Rhamore farmhouse, EddertonTorpedo BottleCabin-trunk New PictureJessie (nee) Mackenzie EddertonNew PictureNew PictureNew PictureNew PictureBalintore Harbour